Frequently asked questions
Got a question? We got the answer.
We believe that clear answers are the main key for complete understanding. As a result we listed the most common and important questions below. However, If you still have any other questions -please do not hesitate to contact us - We would love to hear from you – So drop us a call now on 1300 234 755 or Simply complete our Obligation Free Inquiry Form.
1- What kind of billing method do you use ?
- The most effective and efficient way to work on a local move is Half Hourly Based Rates. Simply Half hourly based rates is the best way to manage costs while relocating your belongings.
- Charges are fairly from door to door, so you only pay for what you use. It's not fair to use Hourly incremental billing and ask you to pay for 1 hour extra if you used only 20 minutes.
2- How do you know the right truck to send ?
- Our Customer Service Team Members are experts in listening to your requirements and asking the questions you did not think about. From our conversation with you and/or using our online quotation facility we will know exactly what inventory and special requirements you have. Then, we will offer the right truck for your move.
- We strongly encouraged our customers to use our online quotation and booking facility for quick, easy, accurate and multi-optional booking.
3- Do you have a packing and unpacking service ?
- Yes, we can pack part or all of your household or office for you. We can also unpack your belongings at the new address.
- We also can supply you with all the packing materials that you will need, free mattress wrap and free Boxes too. For more details - please refer to Packing & Unpacking Services.
4- I can help, is this allowed ?
- Yes, of course you can help if you would like to move items from your house to the truck. It will help speed up your move and reducing the overall cost. Or sit back and watch. It's up to you. However, our insurance prohibits you from entering onto the truck.
- If you request 1 man with van/Ute service and your 1-3 items are not manageable to be lifted by 1 person or lifting trolley - you will be required to offer help.
5- Can you dismantle and reassemble my items ?
- All Get It Done Removals teams carry a basic tool kit with them to disassemble and reassemble common household furniture. If you have a specific requests please let us know by email or a call and we will do our best to help you out and get these special requests sorted out.
6- Why would I need an extra man ?
- Three's a crowd in some situations but when it comes to larger jobs a fresh set of legs and extra pair of hands does wonders !!! Three men make your job quicker and less expensive overall.
- But how? Three men allow one operator to stay in the truck wrapping and packing your items while the other two cart furniture to and from the truck. They also rotate roles, meaning they stay fresher for longer, which means they move faster for longer. Enquire about a third man today and make your job a cinch!!! call us now on 1300 234 755 or Simply complete our Obligation Free Inquiry Form.
7- Do I need removal insurance ?
- We pride ourselves in taking the utmost care of your possessions. In addition to, all our trucks hold Public liability Insurance and Transit Insurance. This covers you in case of extreme situations that may occur whilst in transport, such as collision, fire, explosions, etc.. However, there may be some circumstances beyond our control whereby a removalist is not liable for any damage caused to your goods.
- The Financial Services Reform Act now prohibits removalists from offering insurance services without a license. Only insurance agents can offer this service.
- Accordingly, any client would like added insurance – we highly recommend Two of the most commonly used insurance companies for removals.
Associated Marine Australia (www.associatedmarine.com.au )
Removals Insurance Australia (www.removalsinsurance.com.au)
8- What is the call out charge?
- This is to cover the time taken to get to and from your pick-up and drop-off location. It covers the time and fuel expenses and is added to the end of the job.
- Get It Done Removals does not penalise customers with tricky base-to-base charges, only fair capped call out charges applied.
Area Call out charge
Metro Sydney 1/2 hour
Country / intrastate please contact us for genuine affordable quotation
- The call out time is billed at the same given hourly rate of your service. However, there is NO call out charge if you are moving within the same Sydney's suburb.
9- Where do I buy my packing materials ?
- Generally, not every type of move needs packing materials. However, we have all the packing materials you might need, and you can have it delivered to your address prior or at the moving day at competitive market prices. For more details - please refer to Packing Materials .
10 - Can you move pianos?
- Although we may very well move it for you, we prefer leaving it to the professionals in that field. They have the proper equipment and skills to move these delicate instruments with care. Think about it, they move only one piano a day.
- However, as a charge free service we can recommend a professional piano mover for the move of your piano.
11- Can I do packing by myself ?
- Yes of course, we also can provide you with all the packing materials that you will need - In addition to, Free Mattress Wrap and Free Removal Boxes if required. You can have them delivered to your address prior or at the moving day at competitive market prices. For more details - please refer to Packing Materials.
- Or if you don’t want to do packing by yourself and prefer to avoid the big headache - we have a complete packing service available. For more information - please refer to Packing & Unpacking Services.
12- Can Get It Done Removals help with self-storage too ?
- Of course we can, If you are unable to move into your new residence immediately or you have some extra items that you do not need them right away - your belongings can be stored in a safe storage facility until you're ready.
- When it comes to storage options – we strongly recommend
www.rentaspace.com.au - www.kss.com.au- www.storageking.com.au
as they are the best in the storage industry according to a lots of factors such as branches quantity and security - We will be more than happy to help you with moving your belongings to/from the storage premises. However, you will be responsible for the storage charges.
13- How long will my job take ?
- As every move is different it is hard for anyone to estimate exactly how long will the job take. This all depends on many different factors. Such as the size of your household, the time required to load, secure and unload your belongings, the distance from the uploading address to your new address, parking availability, weather conditions and many other factors.
- Access to a particular property also plays a big role on the loading and unloading time. The more difficult the access the longer it will take. Similarly, when moving from or to an apartment/unit, the more flights of stairs the longer the move will take.
- In general, the more preparation you do the less time it will take on the actual day.
14- How can I save (time = money ) on my move ?
In general, the more preparation you do the less time it will take on the actual day. So you end up with less money to pay.
Although we can do it all for you, if you are quite handy, you can try to do some or all of the following tasks before your movers arrive. (Please note – It's up to you to do all or any of the following, you might try only what you are capable to in order to save time/money. Otherwise, just leave it all on us and we will get all the job done for you as fast and efficient as possible)
- Disassemble any large items like beds and trampolines that cannot be moved without being taken apart.
- Have all of your electrical appliances unplugged. Wrap and secure cords and wiring.
- Defrost your fridge and have it emptied and dry, so it is ready to go.
- Label all boxes as to which room they should be placed in the delivery address.
- Keep all smaller items like vacuum cleaners, iron boards, bins, brooms and mops, garden tools etc, together.
- Remove any pictures and photos from your walls and bundle them up.
- Secure parking access for the moving truck. The closer the better.
15- When should I book my move?
- As soon as you have secured a moving date, let us know. The more noticed the better for planning a stress-free move and you are more likely to secure your desired moving date and time.
- Do not forget – we have wide range of generous discount offers – with Get It Done Removals you will always be looked after. For more information please refer to Discount Offers.
16- Do you have all the removals equipment or do I have to hire this at an additional cost?
- Get It Done Removals has all the correct removals equipment to get your job done safely and definitely - you do not have to pay for hiring or any other extra fees for them. It's all included in our half hourly rate. In addition to, our special offers such as free mattress wrap and free Removals Boxes.
17- Do you have Safe Work Method Statements ?
- Yes, Get It Done Removals values health and safety during all moves. We can provide Safe Work Method Statements on request for building managers, body corporate and strata managers.
18- Do you charge tolls ?
- Your removals team will discuss their intended travel direction with you at the time of the move. You can choose or choose not to use motorways.
- Please note - Using motorways is great as it saves you money as the travel time is significantly reduced. Any tolls passed when we are transporting your goods are added to the invoice at the end of the job. However, you are not billed for any tolls that we pass getting to or from your job.
19- Dose weekend moving cost more money?
- Definitely NOT, we have the same rates for weekdays and weekends 'No robbery schedules'.
- Only public holidays have a slightly higher rates but certainly still much cheaper than others.
20- Do you have discount or promotions ?
- Of curse we do, we have wide range of generous offers – with Get It Done Removals you will always be looked after: For more information about our offers – Please refer to Discount Offers.
21- Do I have to pay a deposit for booking ?
- With Get It Done Removals you are not obliged to pay 1 cent to secure your moving date. However, deposit will be payable for the Packing materials and the Removals Boxes if you requested delivery prior to your moving day.
- Booking deposit will be only required for country and interstate destinations. More arrangement will be organized with the management.
22- When and how do I pay ?
- All jobs are cash on delivery (COD) and will be collected within the last ½ an hour before completion of the removal Service/s.
- We accept cash and credit card payment ( Visa – Mastercard - AMEX ). Please note, credit card payment attracts processing fee. We strictly do not accept Check or Bank Deposit unless organized with the management.
- For large companies temporarily/permanent work and country/interstate destinations – more payment arrangement can be organized with the management.
23- What if I need to cancel my move or change my moving date?
- With Get It Done Removals you will always be looked after - we aim to be as flexible as possible but in the same time we must be timely organised to get the most efficient services to all our customers. Accordingly, you are encouraged to make any changes or cancellation to your booking not less than 48 hours of your booked date.
- Changing your moving date in less than 48 hours of your booked date attracts $45 fee. However, you can change your moving time one day before your booked moving date.
- Cancellation of your booking date in less than 48 hours of your booked date will attract $55 fee.
We clearly listed the most common and important questions in this page. However, If you still have any kind of inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us – call us on 1300 234 755 or Simply complete our Obligation Free Inquiry Form.